They are equipment that have a digestion system, which is used to mineralize the solid samples from which we want to obtain reliable information at elemental level, a spectroscopic technique is used, and requires that the sample to be examined is in liquid state, so if the requirements of the analyzes require preparing the sample for analyzes of food, textiles, dishes, wastewater treatments, cosmetics and other applications, you need a microwave digester, and undoubtedly the best and most reliable are the YR KALSTEIN series.
Microwave digestion equipment is capable of performing the entire process in multiple samples simultaneously in a reduced, fast and effective time; its usefulness goes further, also digest samples of varied natures and with different acid mixtures in the same cycle, to be able to perform this procedure reagents such as nitric acid, hydrochloric acid and hydrogen peroxide are required, the choice of one of them will depend on the sample with which will work.
How does a Microwave Digester work?
Since the microwave digester is a procedure for preparing samples, it works as follows: the sample is heated in transparent and closed vessels together with the acids needed for the test, under a temperature for this process between 220-240ºC depending on the sample. These equipment generate electromagnetic radiation at a frequency of 2450 MHz. The molecular movement of the radiated material makes it warm. Radiation penetrates glass, ceramic and plastic materials, while metals reflect this wavelength.
Microwaves are equipped with a unique reaction chamber, where you have full control of the conditions in which digestion is being generated, allowing all samples to be in a common space; In addition, the amount of sample and acid required is smaller, saving time and resources to the laboratory, working with smaller volumes.
Microwave applications in the lab.
Given the usefulness of microwave digesters, the following apply:
- In medicine: heating of contrast media and blood plasma.
- In biology: enzymatic assays, tissue fixation, sample preparation, careful heating of agar in bottles, drying.
- In chemistry: food analysis, synthesis, preparation and heating of samples, concentration and evaporation of solutions, drying of substances.
- In industries: agriculture, environment, plastics, petrochemical, geochemical, metals and ceramics among others.
KALSTEIN Models of Microwave Digestors.
Below are the best equipment available on the market, the KALSTEIN Microwave Digesters, YR series, we tell you some of the most relevant features, however, if you want to know them in more detail, go to HERE
- Microwave digestion system YR04959 // YR04960: Non-contact temperature and pressure monitoring system. The advanced contactless IR sensor could measure the real-time temperature of the sample solutions in each digestion vessel. Each real-time temperature and pressure value is displayed throughout the digestion process, allowing for clear verification of digestion conditions.
- Microwave digestion system YR04957 // YR04958: Special design sample digestion vessel. The automatic ventilation and self-closing structure ensures that the digestion vessels can automatically release the pressure and instantly reclose when a sudden overpressure situation occurs.
- Microwave digestion system YR04953 // YR04956: is a new microwave digestion system designed, has a new design and is completely updated with higher performance and a safer protection system. Smart design and perfect performance make it very well received by users around the world.
If you want to know the catalog of high-end products that we KALSTEIN have for you, visit us HERE we have a specialized team that will answer your doubts, remember that choosing the best and most updated Microwave Digestor is the basis to process your samples, we also ensure that through our online sales channels is very easy and viable, remember we are Company manufacturer of Laboratory Equipment recognized worldwide.