Within the laboratory and industrial sectors, there is a wide variety of furnaces of different types, which adapt to the applications they require, and their uses will depend on the maximum temperature at which they wish to work.
In this sense, drying ovens reach 300°C, and its internal chamber, is made of stainless steel. Heat transfer is by air flow. Muffle furnaces can reach temperatures from 500°C to 1800°C, and heat transfer occurs by radiation.
Finally, the incubators operate up to 100°C (212°F), and generate heat according to the user’s settings. In this sense, the three teams differ in many factors that make them suitable for their specific function.
The functions of drying ovens, muffle ovens and laboratory incubators have different qualities and functions. The main purpose of each of these teams is explained as follows:
- Drying Oven, its function is to heat, dry, harden or sterilize materials and parts of laboratory equipment. During the process, fresh air enters through the elements of heat, then exits as moist air. The air flow achieves a uniform temperature inside the Oven by dissipating hot air.
- The Muffle, on the other hand, is not suitable for working at low temperatures, since when working with radiation, the equipment fails to emit enough heat at 300°C or 400°C. A Muffle can provide continuous heat for sample and material processing. These equipment are designed for the treatment of materials such as ceramics, metals and glass, as well as thermal treatments or the destruction of organic and plastic elements.
- Laboratory Incubator: It has a temperature control range up to 100°C (212°F), it allows to create a favorable environment, for the growth of life forms such as bacteria and chicken eggs. It consumes less energy than the laboratory furnace. In general, it has an additional interior glass door, which allows to visualize the samples during normal operations.
Differences Between Teams
Drying ovens, muffle ovens and laboratory incubators are equipment that can reach temperatures higher than 300°C. They come in different sizes, from portable to large as a refrigerator.
Because of the way they operate, they have a good temperature identity inside the chamber, and the chamber can be controlled with great precision.
However, they differ, and it is due to the temperature range. In an incubator, the temperature ranges from 15 to 80°C. Laboratory furnaces reach much higher temperatures.
Despite the difference, such equipment is ideal tools in laboratories, used in clinics, in the forensics, electrical, metallurgical, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and beverage industries, agribusiness, animal health, construction materials, metallurgical, textile, polymers, geology and earth sciences, petrochemicals, biofuels and new materials. This is because they serve for a myriad of microbiological, physicochemical and thermal analysis methodologies.
Drying Ovens, Muffle Ovens and Incubators brand Kalstein
At Kalstein, we are able to meet the demands of our users in the selection of laboratory equipment. We offer you the following equipment with its essential characteristics, which are:
- Intelligent temperature controller with digital display with intelligent PID control by microcomputer and timing function.
- Large diameter centrifugal wind wheel. Uniform heat circulation.
- Interior chamber of two models of material: mirror and zinc-plated stainless steel.
- This standard product with the function of large storage and temperature rise is fast.
- 1200°C, 1400°C, 1700°C maximum operating temperature;
- High purity fibrous alumina insulation for maximum energy saving;
- Double layer steel structure with air cooling fan to keep the outside of the oven safe to touch.
- Easy to see the goods in the interior chamber with integrated window.
- Equipped with circulation fan in the inner chamber to reduce temperature deviation and volatility.
- Magnetic door seals to keep the coating chamber sealed.
- The shelf can be adjusted.
At Kalstein, as manufacturers, we provide all the advice our customers need, so that their purchase is ideal, and at excellent prices. To learn more about our products, visit HERE