A pH meter is an instrument used to measure acidity or alkalinity of a solution - also known as pH. pH is the unit of measure that describes the degree of acidity or alkalinity. It is measured on a scale of 0 to 14.
The quantitative information provided by the pH value expresses the degree of the activity of an acid or base in terms of hydrogen ion activity. The pH value of a substance is directly related to the ratio of the hydrogen ion [H+] and the hydroxyl ion [OH-] concentrations. If the H+ concentration is greater than OH-, the material is acidic; i.e., the pH value is less than 7. If the OH- concentration is greater than H+, the material is basic, with a pH value greater than 7. If equal amounts of H+ and OH- ions are present, the material is neutral, with a pH of 7. Acids and bases have free hydrogen and hydroxyl ions, respectively. The relationship between hydrogen ions and hydroxyl ions in a given solution is constant for a given set of conditions, either one can be determined by knowing the other.
YR1823 Benchtop pH/ORP Meter
High-accuracy benchtop pH meter, 5 points calibration, automatic temperature compensation, setup menu contains 9 optional parameters. Accuracy: 0.002pH.
• High-accuracy benchtop pH meter is equipped with a large backlit LCD display.
• 1 to 5 points push-button calibration with auto-buffer recognition.
• Selectable pH buffer group (USA/NIST/DIN) or using the custom calibration solutions.
• Automatic electrode diagnosis with pH slope and offset display.
• Automatic Temperature Compensation provides accurate reading over the entire range.
• Calibration Due Alarm prompts user to calibrate the meter regularly.
• 1 point offset calibration allows adjusting the displayed value to a known standard.
• Relative and absolute millivolt modes provide the reliable ORP measurements.
• Stability indicator shows when a measurement is recognized as stable.
• Auto-Hold feature senses and locks the measurement endpoint.
• Setup menu allows setting the 9 parameters, including the number of calibration points,
resolution, stability criteria, temperature unit, auto-power off, etc.
• Reset feature automatically resumes all settings back to factory default options.
• Expanded memory stores and recalls up to 500 data sets.
• Stored readings can be transferred into the computer by USB communication interface.
Parameters by Model