Dissolved Oxygen Tester
Dissolved oxygen (DO) is a measure of the quantity of free oxygen molecules in water. The concentration of DO is an important indicator of the health of an aquatic ecosystem because oxygen is essential for almost all forms of life. Oxygen is necessary for respiration and for some chemical reactions. Ongoing low dissolved oxygen in a water body will harm most aquatic life, because there will not be enough to sustain life.
Conversely, too much oxygen in water (supersaturated) can also be dangerous. Dissolved oxygen in water comes from two main sources: the atmosphere and photosynthesis. The concentration of DO is affected by numerous variables, including water temperature (colder water holds more oxygen than warmer water), salinity (freshwater holds more oxygen than saltwater) and atmospheric pressure (the amount of DO absorbed in water decreases as altitude increases).
DO is measured using a dissolved oxygen meter (or DO meter). The best method is to take the measurement in the field at the same time each day, because DO concentrations can vary throughout a 24 hour period. Dissolved oxygen testing equipment usually allows oxygen concentrations to be measured in both milligrams per litre (mg/)l and percentage saturation (% sat), which allows direct comparison between results from sites with different salinity and temperature values.
Bluetooth wireless transmitters that connect with smart phones or tables to log and monitor pH measurements. The data transmission is performed via Bluetooth wireless technology to a smart phone or tablet with the app installed. The app will allow the smart phone to pair and set up multiple transmitters.
The model YR01799 is a groundbreaking device that works synchronized with your Smartphone Device, in order to check the values immediately as fast as the reach of a click.
- 1 or 2 points calibration using the air-saturated water and zero oxygen solution.
- Salinity and barometric pressure compensations ensure the accurate measurement results.
- Selectable testing time, beginning/ending DO are used for the OUR and SOUR calculations.
- Data management function for easy viewing the saved BOD data records.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation provides accurate reading over the entire range.
- Limit alarm alerts when reading exceeds range.
- Calibration Due Alarm prompts user to calibrate the meter regularly.
- Calibration report provides the details of the calibration standard and slope.
- Stability indicator shows when a measurement is recognized as stable.
- Auto-Read feature senses and locks the measurement endpoint.
- Interval Readings automatically send the measured data to the memory or printer.
- Password protection prevents the unauthorized calibration and settings.
- Expanded memory is capable of storing and recalling the data sets of 2 years.
- Stored readings can be printed or sent to the computer by e-mail.
- Multiparameter display allows the screen shows up to 3 parameters simultaneously.
- Reset feature automatically resumes all settings back to factory default options.