In the world that surrounds us, we do not see it, but there is a continuous exchange of electrons that takes place between substances in the air, in the earth, in water, and in our bodies. This phenomenon is known as ion exchange.
In an effort to reach a state of stability, substances that are lacking electrons are desperately seeking out electrons wherever they can: these substances are referred to as oxidizing agents. On the contrary, substances which have a surplus of electrons are capable of donating their extra electrons: these substances are referred to as reducing agents, or anti-oxidizing agents.
Oxidation-reduction potential, or ORP, is a measurement that indicates the degree to which a substance is capable of oxidizing or reducing another substance. ORP is measured in millivolts (mv) using an ORP meter.
- A positive ORP reading indicates that a substance is an oxidizing agent. The higher the reading, the more oxidizing it is. As such, a substance with an ORP reading of +400 mv is 4 times more oxidizing than a substance with an ORP reading of +100 mv.
- A negative ORP reading indicates that a substance is a reducing agent. The lower the reading, the more anti-oxidizing it is. As such, a substance with an ORP reading of -400 mv is 4 times more anti-oxidizing than a substance with an ORP reading of -100 mv.
Most types of water, including tap water and bottled water, are oxidizing agents as their ORP value is positive.
ORP is a standard parameter included in the model YR01795 being a groundbreaking device that works synchronized with your Smartphone Device, in order to check the values immediately as fast as the reach of a click.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation provides accurate reading over the entirerange.
- Limit alarm alerts when reading exceeds range.
- Calibration Due Alarm prompts user to calibrate the meter regularly.
- Calibration report provides the details of the calibration standard and slope.
- Stability indicator shows when a measurement is recognized as stable.
- Auto-Read feature senses and locks the measurement endpoint.
- Interval Readings automatically send the measured data to the memory or printer.
- Password protection prevents the unauthorized calibration and settings.
- Expanded memory is capable of storing and recalling the data sets of 2 years.
- Stored readings can be printed or sent to the computer by e-mail.
- Multiparameter display allows the screen shows up to 3 parameters simultaneously.
- Reset feature automatically resumes all settings back to factory default options.
- 1 point offset calibration allows adjusting the displayed value to a known standard.
- Relative and absolute mV modes provide the reliable ORP measurements.