A pH meter is an instrument used to measure acidity or alkalinity of a solution - also know as pH. pH is the unit of measure that describes the degree of acidity or alkalinity. It is measured on a scale of 0 to 14.
The quantitative information provided by the pH value expresses the degree of the activity of an acid or base in terms of hydrogen ion activity. The pH value of a substance is directly related to the ratio of the hydrogen ion [H+] and the hydroxyl ion [OH-] concentrations. If the H+ concentration is greater than OH-, the material is acidic; i.e., the pH value is less than 7. If the OH- concentration is greater than H+, the material is basic, with a pH value greater than 7. If equal amounts of H+ and OH- ions are present, the material is neutral, with a pH of 7. Acids and bases have free hydrogen and hydroxyl ions, respectively. The relationship between hydrogen ions and hydroxyl ions in a given solution is constant for a given set of conditions, either one can be determined by knowing the other.
Bluetooth wireless transmitters that connect with smart phones or tables to log and monitor pH measurements. These transmitters measure different sensor inputs, including but not limited to pH, RTD, relative humidity. The data transmission is performed via Bluetooth wireless technology to a smart phone or tablet with the app installed. The app will allow the smart phone to pair and set up multiple transmitters.
The model YR01794 is a groundbreaking device that works synchronized with your Smartphone Device, in order to check the values immediately as fast as the reach of a click.
- 1 to 5 points calibration with auto-buffer recognition.
- Selectable pH buffer group (USA/NIST/DIN) or using the custom calibration solutions.
- Automatic electrode diagnosis with pH slope and offset display.
- Solution temperature coefficient compensates for the pure water samples and references the pH to 25 C.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation provides accurate reading over the entire range.
- Limit alarm alerts when reading exceeds range.
- Calibration Due Alarm prompts user to calibrate the meter regularly.
- Calibration report provides the details of the calibration standard and slope.
- Stability indicator shows when a measurement is recognized as stable.
- Auto-Read feature senses and locks the measurement endpoint.
- Interval Readings automatically send the measured data to the memory or printer.
- Password protection prevents the unauthorized calibration and settings.
- Expanded memory is capable of storing and recalling the data sets of 2 years.
- Stored readings can be printed or sent to the computer by e-mail.
- Multiparameter display allows the screen shows up to 3 parameters simultaneously.
- Reset feature automatically resumes all settings back to factory default options.