YR(P) series Fume Hood
When performing general chemical applications, it is important to have the right fume hood in order to protect the lab technician from inhaling toxic vapors. Often, people tend to confuse a biosafety cabinet with a fume hood. There is to say that they are different devices, because these devices utilize particulate filters, which do not remove chemical vapors, and they should not be working with any kind of chemicals.
Fume Hood function
A fume hood is a ventilation system that exhausts chemical fumes, vapors, gasses, dust mist and aerosol. They serve as physical barriers between reactions and the laboratory operator, offering a great protection against any inhalation exposure, chemical spills, run-away reactions and fires. These devices have a box-like structure with a moveable sash window. An extract blower and ductwork constantly and safely ventilate these devices’ hood. Fume Hoods are used to protect lab environment and operator during general chemical applications. By installing proper filter, it can also protect the environment.
Laboratory fume hood
The way a fume hood functions is by maintaining a relatively negative pressure in the hood interior to prevent any contamination from escaping while drawing air in through the hood opening at a consistent rate. There are some recommendations to keep in mind when it comes to handling a fume hood:
- Do not put your head in the hood when contaminants are being generated.
- Minimize foot traffic by the face of the hood. Do not make fast movements when taking items in and out of the hood.
- Keep the hood sash closed as much as possible.
- Do not use the hood as a waste disposal mechanism. Solvent bottles in the fume hood must be capped when not in use.
Fume Hood specifications
These fume hood models have specific features that makes them the ideal device to have in your laboratory. They have an LED screen that displays airflow level. In addition, they have a waterproof socket. Moreover, these models have a water and gas remote control and a PP sink resistant to strong acid alkaline and is anti-corrosion. The measurements for this fume hood YR0102-3 model are 1040 mm x 750 mm x 2220 mm on the external size and 820 mm x 520 mm x 872 mm on the internal size. The YR0103-5 model measurements are 1240 mm x 800 mm x 2200 mm on the external size and 1020 mm x 570 mm x 872 mm on the internal size. In addition, the YR0104-5 model measurements are 1540 mm x 800 mm x 2200 mm on the external size and 1320 mm x 570 mm x 872 mm on the internal size. Finally, the YR0105-5 model measurements are 1840 mm x 800 mm x 2200 mm on the external size and 1620 mm x 570 mm x 872 mm on the internal size.
- It is safer to use anti-corrosive water tap.
- Microprocessor control system, LCD display
- Made of porcelain white PP, resistant to strong acid, alkali and anti-corrosion.
- Front window which is made of thick transparent toughened glass maximize light and visibility inside the fume hood, providing a bright and open working environment.