In histology labs, a very common procedure is the tissue sampling, processing and staining. This is a very common and delicate process that needs to be done in the proper way, in order to not compromise the lab results. Tissue processing is about the diffusion of substances into and out of porous tissues. The diffusion process happens when you process reagents to equal concentrations inside and outside tissue blocks.
When processing a sample, you need to take into consideration several variables such as the temperature. In the histology laboratory, the tissue processing describes the stages where the sample goes through dehydration and clearing and then goes through the tissue embedding process. Most of the time, tissues are most conveniently processed through dehydration, clearing and infiltration stages automatically.
Tissue embedding center
The paraffin embedding procedure is a very common one in any histology lab. This is the standard method to produce blocks of tissue for section cutting. Usually, this procedure is performed using an embedding center, surrounding the tissues by a medium such as paraffin wax, which when cooled and solidified will provide sufficient support for section cutting.
Tissue embedding center parts and functions
Temperature, pressure and vacuum and agitation are very important factors that can affect the tissue processing technique. For example, you can avoid high infiltration temperatures because marked tissue shrinkage and hardening by maintaining embedding waxes 2-3°C above their melting points. On the other hand, high pressure facilitates infiltration of dense specimens with the more viscous embedding media. Finally, tissues agitation during processing ensures an adequate fluid exchange and in automatic tissue processors, continual motion of tissue containers and flow of processing fluids is maintained.
Tissue embedding equipment
This model features fully programmable computer controls that allow automatic system start and stop at any time (weekly). The use of new silicon rubber heating elements achieves rapid even, reliable, energy saving heating. Its temperature is precisely measured by temperature-sensing integrated USA blocks, and is LCD-displayed with icons demonstrating current working status. This tissue-embedding center has five heated areas, including Paraffin Chamber, Paraffin Dispenser, left and right Thermal Storage Compartments, and heating plate (working area); they are individually controlled and work independently without interference from each other. In addition, it has five temperature-control channels and multiple overheating protection mechanisms that provide safe, reliable, and energy-saving protection. It has flexible module configuration options through a design, which separates the cryo Module from embedding Module, enabling easy maintenance. Finally, with this system’s cryo plate’s temperature is controlled independently and can be used to freeze tissue more conveniently, particularly for small specimens.
Product Name: YR445 Tissue Embedding Center.
Product Categories: Embedding Center.
- Fully programmable computer control allows automatic system start and stop anytime (weekly).
- The use of new silicon rubber heating elements achieves rapid even, reliable, energy saving heating.
- Temperature is precisely measured by temperature-sensing integrated blocks made in USA, and is LCD-displayed with icons demonstrating current working status.
- Five heated areas, including Paraffin Chamber, Paraffin Dispenser, left and right Thermal Storage Compartments, and heating plate (working area), are individually controlled and work independently without interference from each other.
- Five temperature-control channels and multiple overheating protection mechanisms provide safe, reliable, and energy-saving protection.
- Automatic memory and restoration functions: After startup, all preset temperature data are automatically stored in the system.
- Flexible module configuration options through a design which separates the Cryo Module from Embedding Module, enabling easy maintenance.
- Freezing temperature can be adjusted due to the use of a new-type inverter compressor.
- The temperature of the cryo plate equipped with this system is controlled independently and can be used to freeze tissue more conveniently, particularly for small specimens.
- Paraffin Chamber with super large capacity enables embedding a large number of specimens at same time.
- Safe and reliable low-voltage illuminating system with two ON/OFF control options (finger or foot-operated).
- Heated working plate and forceps wells make tissue embedding more convenient.
- High-precision clock makes time setting more convenient and accurate.
- There is an automatic actuation, can make sure the unit will continue working after a power-down.
- Using the imported solenoid valve to help the Paraffin Dispenser to adjust the flow rate.
- This unit set the control power socket, it can work with BL and BC and the same time.