Benchtop Conductivity Meter
The conductivity meter reports conductance as the inverse of a resistivity measurement. Resistivity is measured in ohms/cm, so conductivity is measured in mhos/cm. A mho, a former unit of electrical conductance, is the reciprocal of an ohm and is defined as the Seimens (S). A conductivity meter can measure the amount of totally dissolved solids (TDS) in a solution, in units of parts per million (ppm) or milligrams per liter. The standard correlation between the TDS measurement of a solution and the conductivity measurement is: TDS (ppm) x 2 = Conductivity (µS).
Conductivity meters are used heavily in agriculture to measure the salinity levels of surface water and of soil samples. Shown here is a conductivity meter being used to measure the quality of water in a wastewater treatment facility. In addition to conductivity, this meter can be used to measure pH and dissolved oxygen.
YR010828 Benchtop Conductivity/TDS/Salinity Meter
High-performance benchtop salinity meter with conductivity, TDS and resistivity measurement modes, setup menu contains 19 optional parameters. Accuracy: 1% F.S.
• High-performance benchtop salinity meter is equipped with a 7-inch TFT display.
• 1 to 5 points push-button calibration automatically recognizes the calibration solutions.
• Selectable cell constant is matched the connected conductivity electrode and recalled the
• Selectable linear temperature compensation coefficient (%/°C), pure water compensation
coefficient, reference temperature and TDS conversion factor.
• Automatic Temperature Compensation corrects the conductivity measurement to selected
Benchtop Salinity Meter:
• Limit alarm alerts when reading exceeds range.
• Calibration Due Alarm prompts user to calibrate the meter regularly.
• Calibration report provides the details of the calibration standard and cell constant.
• Stability indicator shows when a measurement is recognized as stable.
• Auto-Read feature senses and locks the measurement endpoint.
• Interval Readings automatically send the measured data to the computer or printer.
• Password protection prevents the unauthorized calibration and settings.
• Expanded memory stores and recalls up to 1000 data sets.
• Stored readings can be transferred into the computer by USB communication interface.
• Reset feature automatically resumes all settings back to factory default options.
Parameters by Model